Metabolomic Core Facilites
The Patterson Research Group Lab has 4 Mass Spectrometers and licensed software for data analysis. See details below. For information on rates please visit the Huck Institutes.
The Facility provides use of licensed software for data analysis.
- Designed for metabolomics and protein/peptide biomarker profiling applications, used to review data acquired on all AB SCIEX mass spectrometers and to determine up- and down-regulation of endogenous compounds in complex samples.
- With statistics capabilities including Principal Components Analysis and t-tests, can be used to mine data resulting from classified and non-classified experiments.
MarkerLynx™ Application Manager
- Processes complex multivariate data from LC/MS, LC/MS/MS, metabolomic studies.
- Performs 3-dimensional peak integration, data set alignment and incorporates multivariate statistical tools.
- Principal Components Analysis is applied to the processed data sets, allowing visualization of biochemical patterns and identification of potential biomarkers responsible for variations in the data set.
TargetLynx™ Application Manager
- Automates sample data acquisition, processing and reporting for quantitative results.
- Incorporates a range of confirmatory checks that identify samples that fall outside user-specified or regulatory thresholds.
- Used to quantify and confirm both LC/MS & LC/MS/MS and GC/MS & GC/MS/MS data.
SIMCA-P for Multivariate Data Analysis
- Able to process very large data sets, and offers a variety of data analysis and data visualization capabilities, including Orthogonal Projection to Latent Structures (OPLS).
- Used for interpretation and management of mass spectra of small molecules.
- Provides comprehensive spectral data and fragmentation mechanism knowledge management facilitating metabolite identification and structural elucidation.